0

January 26, 2018

Meaning of Name Assignment:

Aaron comes the Hebrew name Aharon, meaning “high mountain” or “exalted”. Aaron is also typically seen in Biblical Latin and Biblical Greek. According to Urban Dictionary though, Aaron means “a God amongst men”, which is pretty hard to live up to. I’m not completely sure why my name was given, but I can’t imagine being referred as anything else. Collazo comes from Rome, Italy. Collazo’s migrated to Puerto Rico, which is where my family is from, and soon began to prosper on the island. There’s not many Collazo’s in Italy anymore and if there are, they spell the name differently and pronounced it distinctly as well. Regarding it’s meaning, I found some interesting responses; Collazo can either mean “servant” or it means “cheerful” and “friendly”.

I was never embarrassed by my name growing up, I’m proud of my name’s roots and culture it represents, and I have the same name as that funny video “A-A-Ron”. The only time I ever experienced some teasing on my name was when I was in elementary school, some kids would call me “Collazo Payaso”, which means Clown Collazo. Aside From that I’ve never had any embarrassing moments with my name.

I’ve never changed my name or adopted a new name, I plan on keeping it the way it is.

aaronjayc