Presentation 003

Standard
  • OUTLINE

• WRITE OUT

Hi everyone. As you already know my name is Alyssa Catalan and today I am going to be talking to you guys about rail bikes.

Some of you might be wondering “What exactly is a rail bike?” Well, a rail bike is basically a bike with added parts that helps it to sit on the rails of a railroad track. It could also be a little cart on railroad tracks with pedals on it. So basically how it works is that you have to use the pedals to move the bike along the rails.

You have to go on one of those rail bike “tours” to use one. These places usually send people off on these rail bikes at specific times of the day, each with 200 feet in front of them and behind them. Giving 200 feet of space in either direction ensures that no one is going to bump into you or you don’t bump into anyone, meaning you can really go at your own pace and freely enjoy the scenery around you. So it’s basically a “guided tour” and by “guided” I mean that the rails guide you.

Basically anyone can go out and use a rail bike. if they wanted to. Young people, old people, blind people, and even people who do not know how to ride a bike. Like me. Why is this? Well, because you don’t really have to balance yourself on a rail bike, it does all that for you. All you have to do is pedal the bike and it moves. This is great for blind people because they get to feel how it is to pedal a bike, but they do not have to worry about bumping into anything or balancing themselves.

Where can you use or rent a rail bike? I think the closest one from here is in Oregon. (ocrailriders.com) There’s also a bunch on the east coast apparently, like around Rhode Island area. You can check that at railexplorers.net. I think rail bikes are kind of a big thing in South Korea, because when I was looking for information I saw a lot of pictures and videos of rail bikes from there. So yeah.

SOURCES