S4 Post Feelings

After my speech I felt like it went pretty well. I mainly felt like I messed up by talking too fast because I suddenly got nervous while up there. I’m not exactly sure why that happened, but  I also felt like I was talking too much. This could possible be because I had a lot of content I wanted to talk about in my slides. I actually really appreciated the PowerPoint I made because I included a timeline and video. I enjoyed using multimedia to help improve my presentation. As for progress since my first speech, I feel as if I have improved a lot.

In my first speech I was very scared and messed up a lot. This last speech I had minimal mess ups and was only a little bit nervous. In my videos I think I did a lot better considering that I did not have a crowd watching me. However, I was a lot more sarcastic and informal in my videos relating to the whitewashing of Asians. I felt like I was a bit sarcastic in person during the actual speech but more formal. I think that the sarcasm could be considered rude, but honestly I am passionate about my presentation subject and I show my emotions through sarcastic jokes. I believe that making those few sarcastic jokes showed the audience that this issue is serious to me and a lot of Asian people.

Additionally, I felt like adding in a picture showing someone who was playing a half Asian character and comparing the White actress to me (a half Asian person) displayed to the viewer the casting director’s mistake. It was a real life compare and contrast. I felt like the video was also helpful, but sort of awkward when I was transitioning to show it. I think that the video forced to people to pay attention even if they did not want to. Mostly because everyone really like Aziz Ansari. Maybe I should have had Aziz do the presentation. I actually tried, but he was too busy filming the new season of his Oscar winning TV show. Too bad.  I then tried to get an actor from Fresh Off the Boat, but they were not willing to talk to a freshman college student. I didn’t really do either of those things because I had little time and do not want to talk to famous people. Even though I do that all the time because I’m from Los Angeles, so I’m very close with many actors. I’m also Asian, so I know all Asian people. Sorry, I’m actually only half Asian, so  I know half of all Asians, but luckily Aziz Ansari and the cast of Fresh Off the Boat are a part of that half. Thank God. Anyways, I felt like I have improved a lot and enjoyed making this speech mostly because I did not have to try to make it relate to bikes.