Female are plays a different role than before now. women are getting more power and rights now. they can have the high education and high wages as men got. they do not have to stay at home and doing houseworks. In the early history, women in most societies were denied some of the legal and political rights accorded to men. they do not gain the same equal rights with men. there were lots of women rights movements in American history. there should not have any discrimination between two gender roles, they are all equal. most of people has changed their view of female roles because women can also do things in our society.
Gender roles play an important role in shaping the way we think about others in society. Typically, the characterization of women as being weak has prevailed in many different facets of women’s lives.
Gender roles have changed in many ways throughout history as well as within recent memory. in the past, in most people’s mind, women only need to the houseworks and plays a good motherhood role in a family. They do not get any educations and jobs.
There are many different boomerang things happened in our lives. For example, children always live with their parents will result a boomerang. They will not have any independence and always depend on their own parents. They may become very lazy because they may think their parents will support their daily lives instead of going out and find a job. Boomerang will make children lost social experiences. I think there are more boomerang kids become more norm instead of exception because they do not willing to go out and find their own jobs.
- Students shouldn’t have to pay for vaccinations because the tuition is too high to pay for any other things.
- The cost of health care for illegal immigrants is an important issue because there is a large group of undocumented immigrants exists in this country now.
- The spotted owls in our area need protection because they are wild animals.
- Cigarette taxes should be raised because it can reduce the amount of smoking people and help create a more healthy environment.
- Standardized testing is a bad idea because people can not be defined only by test, their personalities are also very important.
The article discusses increase in iconic architecture such as modern art museums, urban megaprojects and Shopping malls leading to rise of globalizing cities. “Shopping malls, modern art museums, ever-higher skyscrapers, and urban megaprojects constitute the triumphal “Icon Project” of global capitalism( Sklair).” Topics include rise in the architecture from the global logistics revolution and the electronic revolution that started in the 1960s, architectural icons in the pre-global era driven by those who controlled state or religious institutions and capitalism as competitive socioeconomic system inviting entries from foreign architects.
SKLAIR, L. (2017). Iconic Architecture and the Rise of Globalizing Cities. Brown Journal Of World Affairs, 23(2), 127-137.
The content of Dr. King’s speech, his inspiring presence, and the moment in history all came together to make the iconic “I Have A Dream” speech the defining moment of the American Civil Rights Movement. Through the speech, he used lots of technics to make a good connection with listeners. There are some features important to an effective public speaking. For example, Martin Luther King used lots of repetition in his speech. If there’s an important message you truly want your audience to remember and take away, saying it once is likely not enough. And he used body language and eye contact to help the listeners to have a good understanding. At the end, he also make the call to action so that his speech can have an effective change in the society. For our presentation, firstly we need to find a good topic and have an outline. And the structure has to be clear. Trying to use body languages to communicate with listeners.
- The reality show follows the lives of Bruce and Kris Jenner’s combined family; however, most of the episodes focus on the three oldest daughters, Kourtney, Kim, Khloe Kardashian.
- Bruce Jenner was famous for breaking the world record and winning a gold medal in the decathlon at the 1976 Olympics, but his sons from a previous marriage, Brandon and Brody, have also appeared on their own reality shows.
- The Kardashians’ father, the late attorney Robert Kardashian, was famous for representing O.J. Simpson however, his daughters gained recognition as American socialites.
- Kim came into the national spotlight in 2007 after a sex-tape scandal and resulting Playboy appearance which led The Kardashian fame into a profitable reality series.
- The show depicts the daily routine of the Kardashians as Spin-off shows feature Kourtney, Kim, and Khloe’s attempts to build their line of fashion boutiques.
Some people will say that Chinese eat everything that moves. But actually it is not. Different culture will have their certain food to eat. But China is diversity so that people can not stay with only one kind of food. But I think Chinese people have a unique way of making food and taste food. Therefore, Chinese food can be really popular all over the world.
The introduction of the essay basically talks about that the author stated to explore and research on immigrants’ laws because of her boyfriend’s sister can not able to pay for her college due to the lack of citizen. I think it is important for people to get higher education. As the author said, “it does serve to prove that those who do demonstrate determination, motivation, and initiative should not be denied access to higher education as a result of being labeled with the status of undocumented”(p.182). No matter immigrants has their documents of citizenships, it cannot be the reason that the country do not let them go to the school.
Floyd, A.(2015). A “Dream”Deferred: An Exploration of the Scarlet Title”Undocumented”.
In D. Holler(Ed.), Writing for a Real World: A multidisciplinary anthology by USF students (pp.182-191). BR Printing, CA: San Francisco, University of San Francisco.