The content of Dr. King’s speech, his inspiring presence, and the moment in history all came together to make the iconic “I Have A Dream” speech the defining moment of the American Civil Rights Movement. Through the speech, he used lots of technics to make a good connection with listeners. There are some features important to an effective public speaking. For example, Martin Luther King used lots of repetition in his speech. If there’s an important message you truly want your audience to remember and take away, saying it once is likely not enough. And he used body language and eye contact to help the listeners to have a good understanding. At the end, he also make the call to action so that his speech can have an effective change in the society. For our presentation, firstly we need to find a good topic and have an outline. And the structure has to be clear. Trying to use body languages to communicate with listeners.
- The reality show follows the lives of Bruce and Kris Jenner’s combined family; however, most of the episodes focus on the three oldest daughters, Kourtney, Kim, Khloe Kardashian.
- Bruce Jenner was famous for breaking the world record and winning a gold medal in the decathlon at the 1976 Olympics, but his sons from a previous marriage, Brandon and Brody, have also appeared on their own reality shows.
- The Kardashians’ father, the late attorney Robert Kardashian, was famous for representing O.J. Simpson however, his daughters gained recognition as American socialites.
- Kim came into the national spotlight in 2007 after a sex-tape scandal and resulting Playboy appearance which led The Kardashian fame into a profitable reality series.
- The show depicts the daily routine of the Kardashians as Spin-off shows feature Kourtney, Kim, and Khloe’s attempts to build their line of fashion boutiques.
Some people will say that Chinese eat everything that moves. But actually it is not. Different culture will have their certain food to eat. But China is diversity so that people can not stay with only one kind of food. But I think Chinese people have a unique way of making food and taste food. Therefore, Chinese food can be really popular all over the world.
The introduction of the essay basically talks about that the author stated to explore and research on immigrants’ laws because of her boyfriend’s sister can not able to pay for her college due to the lack of citizen. I think it is important for people to get higher education. As the author said, “it does serve to prove that those who do demonstrate determination, motivation, and initiative should not be denied access to higher education as a result of being labeled with the status of undocumented”(p.182). No matter immigrants has their documents of citizenships, it cannot be the reason that the country do not let them go to the school.
Floyd, A.(2015). A “Dream”Deferred: An Exploration of the Scarlet Title”Undocumented”.
In D. Holler(Ed.), Writing for a Real World: A multidisciplinary anthology by USF students (pp.182-191). BR Printing, CA: San Francisco, University of San Francisco.
- Solange posed for the picture; the feather on her antique hat framing her face; she found the waist and collar of the dress a little confining.
- Before Benjamin applied for a job at Datacorp, he researched the company at the library, and he wanted to be well prepared for the interview.
- Waiting for the tour bus, the family shivered on the windy corner, and they had excepted warmer weather on their summer vacation.
- Leland’s motorcycle is his prized possession, but he had to sell it to pay his college tuition.
- Because Olivia had never been surfing, so she took lessons she felt ready to tackle the waves.
- Paolo has thinning hair, glasses, and stooped shoulders; everyone thinks he is a librarian, but he is meteorologist at an Antarctic research station.
- Toni gives her son a generous allowance and does not except any help around the house from him. Toni’s brother excepts his children to do chores if they want spending money.
- Dark clouds gather overhead, while trees toss in the wind, but rain does not fall.
- Tai wanted to prove her trustworthiness to her parents, so she made it her responsibility to take her younger brother and sister to school.
- Using a sharp jerk of his wrist, Simon flipped the pancake in the skillet; and his uncle taught him this trick when Simon was a child.