Project 3 Write out

When people think of beach towns, they usually imagine palm trees everywhere, surfers walking throughout town at all hours of the day, and people playing beach volleyball on a warm day. They are not wrong. In Huntington Beach, this is a commonality and a way of life for the people who have spent their entire lives here. Biking is a very big part of the city’s culture. We have bike paths that span for miles north and south. We have roughly ten trails in the city alone and provide bike rentals for locals and tourists to use year round. People on foot are also very friendly towards bikers. They are willing to share the sidewalk if traffic is too crazy, and will even shaka to you as a sign of respect. Unfortunately, the main streets are not incredibly bike friendly. We have had multiple incidences where students have been hit by cars while riding to school and have experienced multiple hit and runs.  Huntington Beach has a wide variety groups and communities people call their own. We have multiple theater groups for those interested in the arts, numerous sports clubs, clubs for old men who love cars, environmental clubs, and so much more. I was lucky enough to be accepted by a variety of communities. I identified as an athlete, musician, debater, environmentalist, etc, and I am so happy to say my town is proactive in accepting different communities.

Published by

ciarranean1

I eat a lot :)