0

94 Days of Summer, Day 37: Corin's East Coast Adventure

Next up in our summer guest blogging extravaganza, senior Communication Studies major Corin Sanchez!

“Writing a bio about yourself is a lot harder than it sounds! Well, to start, I’m a senior majoring in Communication Studies, and the president of PRSSA. For the summer I am part-time SEO intern at 451 Marketing in Boston, part-time babysitter, and part-time student. This summer I am indulging in fiction novels, tweeting like a mad woman (my new addiction has sprung from my internship!), cooking up a storm, and reading fashion blogs like there’s no tomorrow. On the weekends, I explore Boston with my best friend and boyfriend in tow. Though, on a regular basis when I’m not in Boston, I love reading the NY Times, wandering around San Francisco, fashion blogging,and spending time with my nephew.

Senior Communication Studies major and guest blogger Corin

Since the end of my second to last semester at USF, I’ve taken ‘summer vacation’ to a completely new level. This being my last summer off ever, I decided that I had to take full advantage of the freedom that I had left. So, a week after school let out, I left San Francisco for Boston. Upon arriving on Boston I promptly started my internship at 451 Marketing as a SEO (search engine optimization) intern. It’s been about four weeks now, I am definitely missing home & my nephew (isn’t he the cutest?).

Corin's super cute nephew!

I’m also discovering that I might not want to take the marketing/public relations path after I graduate after all! I find myself wandering the fashion blogs, style.com, and reading articles on NY Times during my downtime at work. This has caused me to think hard about what I really want to do come December. Maybe a job doing something fashion related perhaps?

Thus far in Boston I’ve been kayaking, and let me tell you, it’s a lot easier than it looks! As soon as we got into the kayak ( it was two person one) I wanted to leap out, out of fear of sinking! I quickly learned that it was not that hard, and that it’s a wonderful way to see Boston. In addition to sightseeing, I’ve tried a plethora amount of sweet items. If you’re ever in Boston, you must go to Sweet Bakery. Their cake is so moist, that the butter cream practically melts in your mouth, and to top it off, they have sprinkles! What girl doesn’t love sprinkles?

Things that the East Coast definitely needs to improve upon? The weather. One minute it can be perfectly sunny, and the next, it’ll be raining like a monsoon! It’s either extremely hot and humid, humid and cloudy/rainy, or just cold and rainy. There has been one day thus far that has been perfect (perfect meaning 75).

One of the things I love most about Boston? My best friend is here. I haven’t lived in the same area as her in over six years, so it’s really exciting to be only a few T stops away from her. Our weekly outings consist of discovering new sweet items to indulge in, making our own DIY bracelets, and wandering around Boston together.

Whoa... these friendship bracelets take me down memory lane!

I do have to say though, I love how every thing on the East Coast is so close together, and by everything, I mean the states. It’s easy to book a bus ride to NYC on a whims notice for only $15 (each way), and within 4-6 hours you can be in the heart of New York City. This past weekend I just happened to have some time, so, the boyfriend and I made it out there for a quick weekend visit.

One of Corin's fave food trucks

The guy from Wafels & Dinges. If you ever go to NYC you NEED to find one of their trucks.

One of their tasty treats 🙂

Overall the trip was successful! Complete with visits to Central Park, Magnolia & Crumbs Cupcakes, a walk of the Brooklyn Bridge, and a trip to NYC wouldn’t be complete without some yummy food truck eats!”

NYC

Thanks, Corin, for sharing your summer adventures!