Conference 1

Before my first conference with Professor Hunt, I had no direction regarding my project and was concerned about finding any interest that could be associated with bikes. Once I met with Professor Hunt, I learned that were obscure, yet feasible, ways to connect my own interests with bicycles. Speaking with him, eased my mind a lot about giving a five minute speech to the class. In general I am an extremely nervous person when giving speeches in front of a group of people, so I had many anxieties regarding our first project. Yet when I spoke with Professor Hunt he really broke down the process of the project. Once I had a clear understanding of the project and brainstormed some potential speech topics, I felt more confident in gathering my research and delivering my speech. One thing from my conference that really stood out to me was that Professor Hunt told me he was surprised when I said I was nervous about giving my speech, because he thought I was a confident speaker. This was a very relieving piece of feedback, as it signified that the fake confidence I had when giving speeches was working. This aided me in giving a little more real confidence toward my upcoming speech since it felt good to hear that my audience believed I was a confident speaker.