Apr 19th class writing

For a long time, my stepson, Jonathan, was unhappy to have me as part of his family, for he resents that he didn’t have both biological parents at home. I try to get to know him better, but he would complain that I invade his privacy. As a newcomer, I understood that out relationship will require effort from both of us, It is not enough that I was friendly. Jonathan also has to want us to be friends, and I was not happy with the two of us being strangers, but I can wait for him to feel more comfortable around me.

correct as:

For a long time, my stepson, Jonathan, was unhappy to have me as part of his family, for he resents that he did not have both biological parents at home. I tried to get to know him better, but he would complain that I invaded his privacy. As a newcomer, I understood that our relationship will require effort from both of us. It was not enough that I am friendly. Jonathan also wants us to be friends, and I was not happy with the two of us being strangers. But I could wait for him to feel more comfortable around me.

2.

Anne Marie collected antique bottles and loved to turn them into works of art. She would buy bottles if she liked them, but she preferred to find them on the ground. She will find bottles everywhere, but she picks them selectively. However, she has the best luck at construction sites on old farmland, where she spent most of her time. Often, bottles appeared on the surface after a good rain, but they disappear very soon. She will use special tools for excavating bottles, including a set of brushes. She did not want to break the bottles as she removes them from the ground. Ater finding a new bottle, Anne Marie will add it to her display case and hung on the wall as an artistic piece(Mangelsdorf, 2013, p.411).

1.Shoot Off One’s Mouth

talking off hand, simply speaking my mind. saying anything he want no evidence

2.Smell a Rat

fell something unsafe or suspicious

3.Take the Bull by the Horns

don’t afraid anything,

4.Let the cat out of the Bag

let the secret out to others

5.Cat Got Your Tongue?

speechless. wordless