April 19 in class writing

verb tense activity

For a long time, my stepson, Jonathan, was unhappy to have me as part of his family, for he resented that he didn’t have both biological parents at home. I tried to get to know him better, but he would complain that I invaded his privacy. As a newcomer, I understood that our relationship require effort from both of us. It was not enough that I was friendly. Jonathan also had to want us to be friends, and I was not happy with the two of us being strangers , but I wait for him to feel more comfortable around me.

Anne Marie collects antique bottles and loves to turn them into works of art. She buys bottles if she likes them, but she prefers to find them in the ground. She finds bottles everywhere, but she picks them selectively. However, she has the best luck at construction sites on old farmland, where she spends most of her time. Often, bottles appears on the surface after a good rain, but they disappear very soon. She uses special tools for excavating bottles, including a set of brushes. She does not want to break the bottles as she removes them from the ground. After finding a new bottles, Anne Marie adds it to her display case and hungs on the wall as an artistic piece.

1. the police straight from the horse’s mouth and finally get the suspect.
  2. after the professor came in, cat got everyone’s tongue.
  3. the noise from the road get in my hair.
  4. because of the war, oil prize goes up. but the companies still pay through the nose.
  5. in April fool’s day, everyone has been pulled his leg.