I have shifted the topic of my essay from history of social class and work type to a more centered look in the United States. I plan on looking  at the United States and look at policies that they have encated to separate the middle class from the upper class. I think this will help the reader understand why we have this problem.

The US has had a long history with fiscal policy that benefits certain groups of people. Time and time again we see headlines on media outlets that read something like, “The rich getting richer, the poor getting poorer”, “The rising gap in wages”, and “the disapperaing middle class”. As people are getting wealthier and wealthier so do their counterparts. In a world dominated and controlled not by the governments of the world but by the top 3% of the world, there seems to be a “war” of the classes. *Provide info on the authors*

” ‘there’s class war alright, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning’ ” (Prendergast, Hill, & Jones).

References:

Prendergast, L. M., Hill, D., & Jones, S. (2017). Social Exclusion, Education and Precarity: Neoliberalism, neoconservatism and class war from above. Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies, 15(22), 23-58. Retrieved April 30, 2018, from http://www.jceps.com/