1st Impression of the Panhandle

Module 1: Explanation of Sources Post

Who would of thought we’d go by the Panhandle as much as we do? My first impression of the park was that I thought it was eye catching and pleasing too look at as most of the surrounding area was covered in brick or concrete. I also thought it was quite peculiar to have an island of tall forest trees in between high speed traffic and residential areas. It even included a playground, several basketball courts, and park benches. As I visit this park more and more, this section of the city is quite the highway for all types of people; weather it is my car, or bike everyone seems to go by this park.

This was also the location where we did our first presentations on credibility.  We contemplated on a speaker’s intelligence, virtue, good will, believably, presumed credibility, reputed credibility, etc; and how all this accumulatively would create a credible presentation. On this day, w got into groups and watched a short 10 minute video whether their person was considered a bias or credible source. From this presentation experience, we were able to differentiate the two.

Specifically for my credible project, I choose a topic I could relate to easily. From my perceptive I choose another cyclist such as Simon Richardson. Most of the examples he gave out in his video segment, I was able to agree due to the fact that I’ve experienced it myself. For example, to maintain a high cadence, don’t think about how tired you are, but how you’ll keep going hard. Simon mindset was very similar to mine, and was the reason why I choose him for my project.