expedition post

This expedition that I went on was with a few other girls in the class and Proffesor hunt to the California bicycle summit. I thought this was a really cool experience. It started of by us driving all the way to Sacramento early in the morning. Once we got there we split up and went to different sessions. The one we went to was about bicycle way finding. this was very interesting because we got to hear from people who work in Oakland and other cities close to san Fransisco about the ways they are making their cities more inclusive for bike riders. After this meeting we wound up going to the next session where we had to give our own presentations to random people. The idea of this was very intimidating but who it actually happened it was easier then I had thought. We also met a lossy who was from the san Fransisco bike coalition and she told us way we could get internships there. I think over all this was a very successful day and I had a lot more fun then I had thought would going to a bicycle conference. 🙂