8/8/2017

Even though I only speak English, and have lived no where else besides southern California. I have noticed that my culture is much more different than the Nor-Cal culture. For example there are many different words or expressions that are said down south, that seem to be foreign whenever I use them in a conversation here in San Francisco. This doesn’t only apply from the north to south difference, but the difference from anywhere else in the nation. California has its own culture, and I believe there’s two different cultures in this state. For example my teammates would laugh or be confused about the words or expressions that I’m so familiar with. Even though we all speak English, my cultures words seem to be foreign to any So-Cal foreigners.

Free Writing

The way my family friends and self think and talk and acts is so much different than how the people do in San Francisco and I’m not saying its a bad thing on either side of this conversation but the culture change is shocking I’ve always grown up around typical white Christian families who’ll give the shirts of their own backs for you loves bbq football baseball each other and their families always talking about guns or ranching and going off roading or hiking on our free time and its just so much different than san Francisco the people here are so diverse and theres so much to offer its amazing what there is to offer for me and how good this is to experience all of this. I’m not saying my family or my best friends, which in all reality the layers and ploggers are considered to be my other families, are racist or your typical conservatives because truthfully that isn’t the case, but what I,m trying to say is I love how much different this city school and community Is from what I’ve been surrounded by my whole life it truly is a great experience that I am blessedt= to have