11/27/17

Growing up in the time period that I did, there has been a lot of controversy, over peoples beliefs in almost every aspect. The one social movement, that I am very curious about is about the equal rights of women. Why do women in today’s society feel that they aren’t equal to their male counterparts? Certainly I wouldn’t be asking this question 100 years ago because it’s evident on how women weren’t portrayed to be equal. They didn’t have the right to vote, most jobs weren’t open for women, and many things were frowned upon if they were done by a women. This makes me very curious to find out why women of today feel the way that they do.

• women suffrage
  • pay-gap
  • cultural understanding
  • peoples own opinions culturally
  • feminist
  • social justice
  • equality

What is feminism? What do feminists stand for? These question would make a very solid point in my essay for why today’s women feel the oppression that they do. I would like to know specifically what feminism is, and what feminists believe in. Even though my research will only be focusing on the American Women, I believe it is important to know how other Americans opinions very based on their region. For example I believe that the opinion of someone from North California, would be different from someone from South Carolina.