Lorena & Marlee
- Theory – Dialogue as building a culture of peace;
- Dialogue approach in feminist movement – the example of inviting men to the conversation. Should men directly participate in the discussions involving feminism and marginalized groups?
- With men involved, we think that the awareness of the movement would increase – they would probably spread the word through their own built relationships with other men and increase the chances of more supporters
- Localization theory applied to PLNs – you have to build relationships in order to understand the culture that you are in.
- Culture = people
- The concept of social justice itself has to be studied before any action is taken and considered relative to the people it would benefit.
- How: when you apply PLNs with a “social justice” goal is important to go through all levels of relationships to understand the issue – don’t limit your research on the people in powerful positions – get to know the community needs and interests (connectivism).
- Listen, understanding your surroundings, connect with people.