April 25, 2018

In Class Writing

One of the most important people in my life, my dad, has gone through many things at work that are just unjust and should not have gone through and still is. First physically at work he sometimes has to lift things that are very heavy and make it happen in such a short period of time. Let me remind you that my dad is 61 so his body is not functioning as quick as it used to. When he was younger he would tell me about all the things he was able to do but now after the wear and tear from work he has never been the same. His work has called for so much physical activity that his knees and back are never going to be the same for the rest of his life. But my dad is one to never give in so he goes to work everyday despite the pain and is able to perform the duties of work. Psychologically at work many people, such as his boss, have told him that he is to old and needs to stop working. My dad has to deal with people one on one when they order things for the company he works with, so he has to deal with the problems with the people ordering product. Even though some people may consider my dads job as a merchandizer a “job that anybody can do” he is still one of the most intelligent people I know. He has learned things on the job that can not be taught in a textbook and has gained so much experience through working just not the traditional way. Sadly because my grandfather past away when my dad was 13 he had no choice but to work and was unable to continue his education but I still believe to this day he is one of the wisest people I know.