MNA-NPO Partnership Projects
The MNA program is designed to integrate experiential learning elements in every course and also in project specific courses such as the Practicum and the Capstone. This gives MNA students the opportunity to positively contribute to nonprofit organizations and social sector initiatives. Here is a partial list of projects assessing social impact or evaluating specific elements of an organization or project to improve its effectiveness.
If you represent a nonprofit organization (NPO) that would like to partner with the MNA Program in a project of this kind you may request the service of our graduate students and assistance of our expert faculty through this application form: MNA-NPO Collaborative Project Application
2017 MNA Projects
- Erica Williams – Using Citizen Media and Open Source Investigations to Promote Human Rights: UC Berkeley’s Human Rights Investigations Lab
- Priscilla Valencia – Comparative Analysis of Workforce Development Programs in the Public Sector
- Julie Brown – Reframing Social Impact
- Dalal Altuwaijri – Nonprofit Organizations In Saudi Arabia – An Analysis Of Impact Assessment Tools
- Lorena Gomez-Barris – Storytelling for Organizational Impact and Sustainability
- Michelle Collier – Social Emotional Learning and Play
- Yun Jin Carson– Sustainable Labor Practices for Nonprofit Organizations
- Shakti Fleisher – Continuous Adaptation: Financial Sustainability for Global Nonprofit Startups
- Emily A. Grossman – Innovation in the Social Sector: Measuring Organizational Capacity for Nonprofits to Innovate
- Tricia Harris – Navigating the Complex Marketplace of Donor-Advised Funds: Strategic Recommendations for Nonprofit Leaders
- Roxanne Moore – Building Our Case: How Can Grassroots Organizations Using Restorative Justice Frameworks Demonstrate Their Impact on Incarcerated and At-Risk Populations?
- Christine Preziosi – Integrated Workforce Development for People with Disabilities: Exploring the Common Barriers and Offering Sustainable Solutions
- Ian Benjamin Shore – The Impact of Mentorship: Why Organizations Should Grow Their Own Talent
- Bidya Subedi – Mainstreaming Girls’ Voices: Girls’ Empowerment Programs in Nepal
- Meera E. Swanson – Nonprofit Evaluation: A Essential Element for Impact
- Anne Weltner – Nonprofit Mergers: A User Guide for Organizations Seeking a Merge
- Sergio Cuellar – N.O.P.A.L Collaborative Structure: Will a Collective Impact Model Structure Work for a Cross Regional, Nonprofit Sector Collaborative, Neighborhoods Owning Power, Action, and Leadership?
- Tracy Harris – Collaborative Frameworks in Nonprofit Emergency Response: Examining Earthquake Preparedness and Response in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Erica Kalingking – Balancing Nonprofit Efficiency and Effectiveness: Implications of an Integrated Model Approach to Nonprofit Financial Sustainability and Mission Impact
- Erin Rene’ Nelson – Capstone Research Stakeholder Model for Leadership Succession: Identifying Founder’s Syndrome and Succession Strategies
- Colette Whitney – Strategic Engagement: Activities for Sustainable Individual Giving
2016 MNA Projects
Community Recovery Resources: Internal Communication Strategies, Shirmila Cooray.
Health Connected: Management and Operations—Scaling Social Impact, Rebecca Kirkpatrick.
Foundation for Sustainable Development: Impact Analysis Monitoring and Evaluation Framework for Sustainable Communities, Sarah Keller, Francisco Guzman & Lauren Pinsker
Aspire CoffeeWorks:The Perfect Blend, Valentina Cardenas and Katrina Cabauatan
Nonprofit Management Education: Nonprofit Capacity Building Through Hybrid Education, Jack Cupples
Center for Nonprofit Leadership: Cultivating Ethical, Effective Nonprofit Leaders – Developing a Modular Toolkit, Ariel Lovett.
Change Scale:Building Sustainability – Membership Strategies for Backbone Organizations, Melissa Tang
Summer Search: A Vision for Transformative Scale, Kenyon DeVault
Common River: A Strategy for Capacity Building, Virginia Turner and Thomas Natale
2015 MNA Projects
Foundation for Sustainable Development (FSD): Developing a Participatory Community Goal Identification Process Foundation for Sustainable Development. Molly Brennan, Shelly Helgeson, and Danielle Lam.
- Report-FSD Report-CoachArt FacilitationBook-FSD
Kiva Zip: A Comparative Impact Analysis of American Based Micro-lending Programs. Benson Tran and Fernando Enciso-Márquez.
Coach Art: USF and CoachArt Collaboration Project Volunteer Survey and Engagement. Kaitlyn Azevedo, Jennifer DiStefano, Ariana Gonzalez.
The Arc San Francisco and Project SEARCH: Bridging the Gap: Expanding Supported Employment for Adults with I/DD from San Francisco to Marin County. Carolyn DeVoto, MNA’15 & Risa Harrison, MNA ’15.
BEETS Program at Community Grows: Promoting Sustained Engagement in a Community Ecological Literacy Program. Mike Harris, MNA ’15.
Kiva: Unbankable: Microfinance in the U.S. Adele Axness, MNA ’15.
Marine Ventures Foundation: Future Leadership Growth at Marin Ventures. Rebecca Ennis. MNA ’15
Women and Armed Conflicts:Why Has the Women, Peace, and Security Act of 2015 Not Been Passed? Molly Ehlinger Brennan, MNA ’15.
2014 MNA Projects
KVIE Public Television: Tools to Evaluate KVIE’s Ready To Learn Program. Johnny Avows-Smith. MNA ’14.
LEAPS Initiative – Community Grows: The State of Environmental Education in the San Francisco Bay Area: Implications for Grassroots Environmental Education Nonprofits. Jessa M. Barzelay, MNA ’14.
California Lawyers for the Arts: Expanding School Mediation Program Using a Train-the-Trainer Model Molly Patterson, MNA ’14.
Universal Giving:Building A Loyal Volunteer Corps: Gleanings From The Internship Program At Universal Giving. Kelly Ann Yeo-Oxenham, MNA ’14.