Sep-18-2017

My name! it’s the hardest question that could be asked to me, since it’s hard to spell. My name is Njoud they call me Judy, my origin of my name is Arabic Saudi name specially, it means the wide Najd ground. Najd is the center of Saudi Arabia. It was given to me by mom because she meet a lot of Njoud girls when she was in high school and all of them they look beautiful and tall, she wanted me to look the same. Maybe she won in letting me tall but not that beautiful. I’m not embarrassed of my name, actually I like it so much in Saudi Arabia but here it take me a lot of time to let people say it exactly like I love to hear it, so my shortcut for that is Judy. For example, there is one professor who keep calling me NEEJOWD and i’m embarrassed to correct him so, I always keep listing my name wrong. I did change my name one time, it was for my safety !! because someone kept following me and his not moving until I gave him a fake name. No I don’t feel like doing it because I like my name, and I like Judy too since it’s near from my name.