oct 2 // in class writing

“That Word Black” appealed more to me because of how much it relates to my community and current social situations. It was also a creative way to introduce a heavily weighed topic like racism and discrimination.

“I am black. When I look in the mirror, I see myself, daddy-o, but I am not ashamed. God made me. He did not make us no badder than the rest of the folks. The earth is black and all kinds of good things comes out of the earth”(78).

“Wait till my day comes! In my language, bad will be white. Blackmail will be white-mail. Black cats will be good luck”(78).

Another essay I am going to use is, White America’s Racial illiteracy: Why our National Conversation is poisoned from the start. Which talks about white privilege and there view of society.

“Yes, an individual person of color can sit at the tables of power, but the over whelming majority of decision makers will be white”(186).

“Yes, white people can have more problems and face barriers but systematic racism won’t be one of them”(186)