1) “Money talks”: This means that money speaks the way of peoples actions, an example is why a soccer player decides to go to a lower leveled team and division in order to earn more money.
2) “Cough up”: This means coming up with something, an example is coming up with money that you owe someone.
3) “For the birds”: When something is boring to you, can be used when watching an uninteresting TV-show with your girlfriend.
4) “Play it by the ear”: This means to just see/follow what happens instead of having made a plan, an example when going to a festival without having decided which artist to watch that day.
5) “Fishy”: When something is suspicious, can be used when talking about someone walking around the store and looking after cameras and people.