2/12/2018

Audio Essay Pitch

I am basically going to be talking about my high school decision in my audio essay. The story starts off back when I was in middle school. The first year in middle school, I was really in good shape. My academic record was above my parents’ expectation, and my advisor was telling me I would be able to attend one of the best high schools in Tokyo. I was also somewhat popular among the people in school. I thought I was cool, but I started to hang out with my new friends in school to keep up my reputation, and I began to slack off gradually. The second year in middle school, my academic record showed that I placed 60th out of 125 people in my grade in final exam. My parents hired a tutor for me to at least spend some time studying, but at the time I was not conscious of how these grades matter when deciding which high school to attend to, so I was putting the very minimum effort to satisfy my parents’ desire. By the time everyone start to think about their decision of high school, my academic record was nothing compared to one from first year. My GPA was 3 (equivalent to 2.5 gpa in the U.S), and I was hanging out with my friends everyday until the sun goes down. I kept on having meeting with my advisor and my parents , and my advisor told us that I would not be able to get into the school I wanted to go to. This is when I realized how much of a mess I was. When thinking about my potential new school, my parents thought it was their fault I was slacking off, because they took it too easy on me, so they were like we have to send him to a boarding school, and the first idea that came up is an all boys boarding school in Chiba.” (about two hours away from my house) I immediately said no to this idea, because I was not going to spend my precious high school life in all boys school. Then my parents gave me another option, which is to study abroad in the U.S.

first year middle school ( how I was good all around)

time when I was slacking (Kept on hanging out with my friends and not putting in work)

High School Decision( How I got told I can not make it to school I wanted to go)

My parents’ suggestion(Chiba or U.S)

summer school (Wyoming seminary)

high school