0

April 19th in class assignment

Activity 1

For a long time, my stepson,  Jonathon, was unhappy to have me as part of his family. For he resented that he didn’t have both biological parents at home. I tried to get to know him better, but he would complain that I invade his privacy.  As a newcomer, I understand  that our relationship will require effort from both os us. It was not enough that i am friendly. Jonathon also wants us to be friends, and I wasnt happy with the two of us being strangers, but I can wait for him to feel more comfortable around me.

Activity 2

Anne marie collects anitque bottles and loves to turn them into works of arts. She will buy bottles if she likes them,  but she prefers to find them in the ground. She will find bottles everywhere, but she pickes them selectively. However, she had the best luck at construction sites or old framland,  where she spends most of her time. Often,  bottles appears on the surface after a good rain,  but they disappear very soon.  She will use special tools for excavating bottles,  including a set of brush. She did not want to break the bottles as she removes then from the ground. After finding a new bottle. She did not want to break the bottles as she removes them from the ground.  After finding a new bottle, Anne marie will add it to her display case and hang on the wall as an artistic piece.

Idioms-

1- Horse around – My friend diddnt go out with us yesterday and horsed around in his house while we were enjoying the night life.

2-Pay through the nose – I broke a really expensive piece of ary in the hotel lobby and i had to pay through the nose.

3-Not have a leg to stand on – john clearly dont have a leg to stand on until he proves that he diddn’t steal the idea from our group.

4- Smell a rat – The minute i entered my house i could smell a rat.

5- Cat got my tongue – The cat got my tongue the minute I left the house alone at 3:00 am

rkhanna3