1) For my credibility assessment presentation, I’d like to analyze the effectiveness of the bicycle helmet legislation. There are three published reviews on this topic I’d like to talk about, helmets for preventing head and facial injuries in bicyclists, non‐legislative interventions for the promotion of cycle helmet wearing by children, and bicycle helmet legislation for the uptake of helmet use and prevention of head injuries. I’m wondering what studies have shown and if/why there are any contradictory results. There may be a bias present in the research, which I’m interested in breaking down. I believe the credibility concepts discussed in Tseng and Foggs writings will aid me in doing so. I’m curious to see what I will find along the way. What claims are made based on conclusive data? Who found this out? How do we make sense of it? Do research findings pass Tseng and Foggs four types of credibility factors (presumed, reputed, surface, and experienced)? And simply, how do we evaluate the believability of this all going forward? Looking ahead, I won’t know unless I spend more time gathering the details. Another option: the scraper bike community.

2) If I had the opportunity to create a presentation based on my interests, I’d focus on the fixed gear bicycling community. They are unlike many other bicyclists, in many ways. I’d love to learn even more and dive deeper into research about them, in order to eventually present to the class. Off the top of my head I can list various unique abilities a “fixie” has: drivetrain with no freewheel mechanism, unique stopping/drifting ability, and a single speed with usually no brakes. These distinct traits aren’t limited to the bicycle either; fixed gear riders also have notable and discernible characteristics. The “fixie” AKA the fixed-wheel bicycle is associated with urban life and exclusive fashion. It has become a popular alternative among mainly urban cyclist. In addition, I would elaborate on the fixed-geared bicycles history, fashion associated with it, as well as its parts. Another option: Custom vintage motorcycles.

3) If I were to create a presentation based on my academic or professional interests, I would concentrate on the 3D-printed smart bike. This is because it is a fascinating topic, in my opinion. Innovation is an academic interest of mine as I have a tendency to gravitate towards entrepreneurship. I could discuss how they are made, their pros and cons, the likelihood of mass appeal, and what effects they may have on the world, whether it be on people, the economy, or the environment. I could possibly find answers to the questions this innovation raises, like: what will people learn from this invention? Who and how will someone possibly take this innovation to the next level? And if someone is already in the process of doing so, what are they doing exactly?