February 9, 2018

Free Writing on Essay 1

My audio essay will be about the culture I grew up in. I will talk about living in Hawaii on the island of Molokai. I will include the beach, sound of the waves, talk about where I live, where I grew up, the culture I grew up in, the family traditions. the life on Molokai because it’s a different environment. what I do for fun on Molokai, go to the beach, go hunting, hiking up the falls, camp on the beach. the typical foods we eat on Molokai. beautiful beaches hot sand, perfect water temp, clear blue ocean, plenty of fishes, humuhumunukunukuapua’a fish, ahi, mahi-mahi, turtles, opihi. beautiful shells, crabs running around, waves crashing and breaking on the shore, tide goes in tide goes out. hunting in my backyard or in the forest, green fields with scattered brown dots, those brown dots are deer. hiking up the falls, exotic trees, birds chirping, the roaring of water as it falls down the cliff, the icy cold pool at the bottom

• Introduction: My audio essay will be about the culture I grew up in. I might start the audio essay with the sounds of nature or waves crashing. Then I will begin by introducing that I live in Hawaii but on the island of Molokai. When I say that I live on Molokai most people don’t know where that is and it has a different environment.
  • Body:
    • Paragraph 1: Introducing Molokai:
      • I will talk a little about Molokai, where it is in Hawaii, the population(7000), and some interesting facts such as how there are only one public high school and two gas stations, no malls or buildings taller than 3 stories high. There is one road that connects one side of the island to the other. You could say that we are isolated and we are, but that’s what makes Molokai so unique and full of rich culture.
    • Paragraph 2: Molokai culture:
      • hula
      • food
      • music
      • land
    • Paragraph 3: What I do for fun on Molokai:
      • Go to the beach
      • Hunting for dears
      • Hiking up the waterfall
  • Conclusion: I will talk about my transition from Molokai to San Francisco
Tagged