I believe Wikipedia, to be an extremely useful website that should be used when doing any sort of research, however, you should never use Wikipedia as a source. The reason why is because most of the information on the website was written by an anonymous source with potentially no background on the subject. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t use Wikipedia to find sources. Instead of using Wikipedia as a source, you can go the reference list of a page and use those sources. Those sources that are listed in the reference list tend to be more trustworthy and credible. I think Wikipedia should be used at the beginning of doing research because the pages give a general overview of the topic which is very helpful when you’re trying to organize your research.

The topic I chose to do some research on is Capital punishment also known as the death penalty. I believe the death penalty shouldn’t be used in general for a few reasons. The main reason being that in my opinion, the death penalty in a way is ‘taking the easy way out’ because the criminals aren’t really serving their time for the crimes they have done. To me, I think keeping criminals alive and making them serve their sentence is much more rewarding than having a criminal die because when they’re alive you know they are suffering, not as much as the victim or the families of victims but suffering none the less. I think after having done some research on Wikipedia, that we must take this information with a grain of salt.