Meet in front of the library as usual — bring your bike & helmet & lock. Weather forecast: warm and sunny, high 70s, moderate breeze from the north. Great biking weather.
We’ll work on these things in class:
- body awareness in speaking and cycling
- biking practice on campus
- discussing and debating assigned readings (see below)
- revising and editing posters
- planning and schedule for Presentation 2
TASKS due 9/26:
Post: Your in-class writing about reading from last week. What is a post?
Read/Watch (total of 4 things):
- Huff, excerpt from “How to Lie with Statistics” (PDF)
- Schnell, “Data Visualization” (PDF)
- Video: “USF Creative Activity and Research Day” (2:37)
- Video: Hans Rosling TED talk, “Debunking…” (20:35)
Work with your team to create a poster explaining the evidence you’ve collected. Use Powerpoint or Google Slides to create the poster.