Just another University of San Francisco Sites site
- Let the cat out of the bag: I want to give my best friend a surprised gift, but my classmate let the cat out of the bag, so my friend wasn’t so excited.
- Straight from the house’s mouth: The murder case’s witness told the police:” I heard him saying that the suspect wanted to kill the dead, straight from the house’s mouth!”
- Get in someone’s hair:There are so many ants in my house! I don’t know how to clean them up,they have got in my hair!
- Pull someone’s leg: The children didn’t finish his homework, and he told his father that he had done, however, his father did let his child pull his leg.
- Lose one’s shirt: My wallet was stole! I lose my shirt.