By Nevdil Çankaya

This past summer I was lucky enough to join the amazing, tireless and far-reaching arts nonprofit, ArtSpan, as an Arts Administration and Events Communication intern. It was a great opportunity to meet not only awesome people in the San Francisco arts community, but also a way to better understand the inner workings of the art and event business. My main tasks at ArtSpan were to create social media posts for ArtSpan events, mostly the Art-in-Neighborhood program and SF Open Studios, “the oldest and largest open studios program in the country, an annual, month-long art event in October and November that showcases over 800 emerging and established San Francisco artists in their studios.”

Below, I’ve put together a (very short, I promise) video covering just a few highlights from what was a spectacular experience in this vibrant, creative and always encouraging atmosphere. I am so thankful for every moment the entire ArtSpan Team spent teaching me new approaches to art, community and culture.

If you live in San Francisco or are lucky enough to be visiting this beautiful city in October and November during SF Open Studios, I hope you’ll take advantage of the amazing opportunities it presents. Hope to see you there!