How I Like to Organize

To structure a speech I usually write it like I would a paper.  I write exactly what I want to say not just an outline.  I think I usually start with some background information because I think it would be more helpful for the audience to know a little bit about the topic I am speaking on.  In my opening paragraph I also usually like to include a rhetorical question relating to my thesis which will be answered throughout my speech.  Other than that I kind of just wing it.  By this I mean that I write my speech but as I write I let the ideas come to me naturally and then write them down.  Usually my speech will make sense in the order I think of it but sometimes it doesn’t so then i just have to rearrange some of the sentences to make it flow better.  At the end I usually like to end my speeches or even papers with a line that brings the topic back to the audience or the world as a whole.  For example when I was talking about Karol traveling the world on his bike I ended saying that we may not want to travel the world on our bike but Karol’s story teaches us to slow down and see our own world in a new light.  I think that at the end of any type of presentation or paper it is always good to end with something that is relatable to the audience and therefore illustrates to them why they should remember the message of my speech even if they only remember the very last line.