Use the Import content from another Canvas course tool when you want to use or re-purpose previously created content in another Canvas course. You must have a role of Designer or Teacher in both the course you are importing FROM and importing INTO.
- How do I copy content from another Canvas Course?
- How do I select specific content as a part of a Course import/copy?
Tips and Best Practices
- If you are importing from a previous semester, select the Adjust events and due dates option. This will reveal the Remove dates button. Click this button to clear all previous dates used for Assignments etc.
- You can chose to import only specific parts of a course using the “Select specific content” button in the Content block
- Draft State settings are retained in course imports. For example, if an assignment is unpublished in a course, the assignment will also be unpublished in the content import.