A June 15th 2018 Canvas update brings back one-click Turnitin Plagiarism integrationfor Canvas assignments. Instructors can generate a Turnitin Plagiarism similarity report by simply choosing Turnitin from the Plagiarism Review drop box that appears forText Entry and File Uploadassignments. Students submit their Canvas assignment as normal and access the Similarity report within Canvas.
This current integration now allows instructors to use Turnitin with
- Canvas Group and Peer Review assignments
- Assignments with multiple due dates for multiple students
- Assignments that require multiple file uploads
It also supports
- Re-submission of papers after the due date
- Submitting papers through the Student View
- Direct use of Canvas rubrics
- ETS Grammar Check
At this time the integration does not support use of Turnitin Studio QuickMarks. This, however, is slated for a Fall 2018 release. If you need to use Quickmarks now, you can continue use the Turnitin Canvas LTI external tool method to evaluate student submissions in Turnitin.
- How to Create a Turnitin Assignment (New!)
- How to Create a Turnitin Assignment LTI (For use with Quickmarks )
- How to Submit Student Papers Directly to Turnitin
- How to View Turnitin Similarity Report (New!)
- How to submit a Turnitin Assignment and See Results (LTI Generated Assignment)