USF Center for Asia Pacific Studies is offering a summer stipend opportunity for one USF graduate student to participate in the International Summer Program at Sogang University in Korea from June 29, 2020 – July 24, 2020. To qualify you must currently be enrolled as a full-time student (undergraduate or graduate) in the College of Arts and Sciences, and planning to be enrolled for the Fall 2020 semester.
The USF Center for Asia Pacific Studies will cover the following program fees for the stipend recipient:
- Roundtrip economy class airfare from San Francisco International Airport (SFO) to Incheon airport
- Tuition & Application fee
- Dorm fee USF Health insurance fee for the duration of the program. Please visit: https://myusf.usfca.edu/hps/insurance for more information on the USF Health Insurance fee.
Students should not apply to Sogang University until after they have been selected as the stipend recipient by the Center for Asia Pacific Studies. The stipend recipient will be responsible for obtaining the proper visa for the program.
Eligibility and application procedures:
- Students currently enrolled as: Undergraduate Students- sophomores, juniors; Graduate Students- 1st year.
- Submit hard copies of the following documents to the Center’s office (KA 241) by Friday, February 14, 2020: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2020 AT 5PM
- A current transcript from USF (unofficial copies are OK)
- A list of any courses currently in progress
- Complete the Center’s application: https://usfca.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0vxL4zfORQNp72R by Friday, February 14, 2020.
- The award will be announced by February 28, 2020.
- To receive the above funding, the selected recipient will then need to be accepted by Sogang University for the International Summer Program. For more details on the summer program at Sogang University please visit: http://summer.sogang.ac.kr/summer/index_new.html
Please contact USF Center for Asia Pacific Studies at email@example.com with any questions about this stipend opportunity.