Identify the error type of the following sentences as run-on (R), comma splice (CS), or correct (C). Then correct the sentences.
1) The chickens on campus play a famous role for our school, they make us unique.
CS, no coordinate conjunction
2) What if the chickens laid eggs and hid them somewhere they would get left behind.
R, No comma to break the sentence up
3) The chickens bring laughter to our students, without them we’d be an ordinary school.
CS, No coordinate conjunction
4) I remember, after my first class I was leading out to the bookstore unfortunately, I stepped on the chickens’ dump.
R, There should be commas after class and a Fanboy before unfortunately
5) Right now there many chickens living freely on campus but many professors don’t want chickens.
R, A comma should be in place before the word but
6) Chickens should not be allowed to live freely on the campus because they cause stinky odors make noise and no one wants to clean after.
R, A comma before because should be in place
7) Anytime students want to lie down on the lawn they need a place that look clean and have a fresh air therefore they can not take a nap or study
R, Before therefore should have a period or semicolon and after therefore, there should be a comma
8) But I strongly disagree with that opinion, chickens should not be allowed on campus at all.
C, No errors
9) During the time students are in the lab if the chickens make a lot a noise the students won’t focus to do their job.
R, Comma should be in place after lab, followed by a Fanboy
10) In conclusion, if the chickens live freely on campus because students let them live free then these students should clean the chickens mess.
CS and R, There should be a Fanboy after the first comma and a comma after free