0

The New Student Chronicles: Kelsey Duff, Ch. 2

It’s time to check in with our guest new student blogger, Kelsey!

“Hey everyone!  I hope you have all enjoyed your school so far! The semester is coming close to an end, and Winter Break is just around the corner! It’s crazy to think that were already picking out our classes for next semester. Since the last time I wrote to you all so much has happened and there have been many more parts of San Francisco that I have gotten to see and enjoy.

haight

One of my new favorite places to go off campus is Haight Ashbury Street. There are so many cool shops and restaurants that are to die for! At Haight Ashbury you can find one of a kind art as well as clothing. Many people love their consignment shops and thrift stores and always hope to find a hidden treasure in the stores. I myself found a really cool skirt for only twenty dollars! The prices are definitely reasonable and are always finding a good deal!

For October break my roommates and I decided that we should explore the city! So since I had yet to actually see the Golden Gate Bridge up close and personal we decided to go to Baker Beach! The view is impeccable and it’s understandable why people travel all over the world to see the view. We also have explored other various parts of the city such as Union Square and the light show at the Bay Bridge. A huge recommendation I have is going on the Duck Tours! It can truly bring out the kid in you, and you get to learn a lot about the history of San Francisco. When you’re all done you can have bread bowl and chowder at fisherman’s what’s not to love?

wharf

I’m sure you all must have had a fun Halloween! The thrill of figuring out what to wear and what character you will be is tons of fun and also brings out the creativity and imagination in every college student! Hayes-Healey actually hosted a get together and a photo shoot for all of the students in the dorm. It was a blast and the photos came out great!

bridge

Now I know we are all getting excited that Thanksgiving is here and soon enough so will Winter Break! I hope all of you have a wonderful holiday and look forward to talking to you guys soon! Happy Holidays!

-Kelsey Duff”

holidays