Some ideas I have regarding my audio essay include writing about my love of bath and body works candles, how it is important for me to have a rest day on Fridays, or why I go to the starbucks drive thru every single day before zoom university. I could also write about zoom university and how it is different from going to school how I would normally. I think I like this idea because I could tie this into how I can use candles at home since I am not in the dorms and how I don’t have to stand and wait in a line for starbucks at school. There have been many things that have made my life easier by having school online. I am sad that I can’t physically be at college but there are some benefits to this transition. Attending zoom university through USF has allowed me to focus more on school without the distractions a normal day in college might have. I think I am going to start my audio essay by talking about how I was really excited to go to college and really thought It might have a chance of opening given that it is not a big school like Arizona or Michigan. Then I could go into when I got the email that usf was going to be all online and how sad I was. Then I could talk about how I started school online and was able to create a good routine for myself. I was really tired every single day because I was busy doing a lot of work, but I was able to look at the positives. On campus, I could not light a new candle in each class or be lazy and sit in my car to get my starbucks drink. I wouldn’t even be able to bring my car up to sf. This also got me into thinking about how I was able to complete a lot more work because I did not have the distactions of trying to meet new people and trying to adjust to living in a new place. Then I could say how I am still sad that I can not go to college in real life but
pitch: how I was able to take advantage of a situation I never thought would happen
intro – I was really excited to go to school in sf. covid got really bad in California but I thought that school maybe still in person because it is not a big school like Arizona or Michigan
- I got an email from usf (I was really disappointed)
- For the next few days I was really sad that covid was changing my original plans
first – I came to accept that school would be online and decided that i was going to make the best of it
- I realized that I could do a lot of things at home still that I maybe could not do up in sf for ex:
– I could light candles in my room (could not do that in the dorm)
— I could have time to go to starbucks every morning and not have to stand in line, I could wait in my car
— I had my car; I would not have brought it up to sf
— I was able to focus on school more rather than the distractions of living in a new environment and trying to find my group of people
- I was still sad that I could not move up to sf for first semester of college but it did offer some benefits that I never thought of before.
- I was always grateful to be able to go away for college but now I feel as if I will be more grateful to be there when I arrive
- It taught me that sometimes things do not go as expected and you just have to go with it.