This is a popular resource used by members of the USF community. If you have an account at The Chronicle of Higher Education, you should have received an email from them about this breach. The library recommends you change your password for that account as soon as possible.
Note that these accounts are not connected to any university system — you only need to change your password if you have an account with The Chronicle of Higher Education.
What to do
- Log in to your Chronicle account and change your password immediately.
- If the password you used on The Chronicle was also used on other sites, change those passwords as well.
- Ensure you are following these password best practices:
- Create strong passwords (i.e., a passphrase) following USF’s password requirements.
- Use different passwords for each system you access.
- Consider using an encrypted password manager in which to store your highly confidential information.
- Always keep your passwords secure and do not share them with anyone (including colleagues, classmates, friends, family, etc.)
- Never store your passwords in a file.
- Never send your passwords over email.