Introduction

I’m Tika Lamsal, an associate professor of Rhetoric and Language at the University of San Francisco. I teach Rhetoric, Writing, and Professional Communication courses to both undergraduate and graduate students.

Through the lens of critical ethnography, my research examines the intersection of linguistic, cultural, and multimodal literacies of Bhutanese refugees in U.S. contexts to demonstrate how the refugees negotiate their ways to academic, cultural, and economic transition by using their linguistic and cultural repertoires in the new locale of their migration. My other research areas include digital and translingual composition, non-Western rhetorics, and human rights education.

Along with teaching and research, I also occasionally write poems, short stories, and articles in both English and Nepali. Some of my work has appeared in JAC: Journal of Advanced Composition; Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Emerging Pedagogies; and Bodhi: An Interdisciplinary Journal. When I’m not teaching and field working, I love to sing, hike, and practice yoga and meditation.