- Only put page number
- Needs to add the Year
- add quotes around exact words from original text
William Ellis asserts that world problems such as “poverty, pollution, war, and hunger are inherent in the current system of world order based on nation-states and economic competition” (Ellis, 2011, p. 23).
- Needs to have Year of publication
Global tensions and inequities can be solved if people begin to help one another on a grass-roots basis, moving beyond the current world order of economic competition (Ellis 2011 pg. 23).
- Has name of Author, year of publication, and page number
- needs to have year of publication
Economic competition is at the basis of many of the world’s problems (Ellis, 2011 pg.23). Only by seeing ourselves as a single family without the separation of national boundaries can world tensions begin to be eased.
- Manipulated the source and made up the content which is not in the original text
- paraphrasing the text but needs to include citation
- (Hall, Frayer, Wilen, 1997)
- Has author’s names
- Has the year it was published
- Has the page number
- Needs to add the year of that the article was published
- (“Tires Return as Mulch” 2000)