idea 1: transition into highschool into Kamehameha Schools. Become educated on the values of being Hawaiian. Learning the language. history of my people. new culture practices. caring for the environment  more. sustainability. community.lahui. educated on topics that deal with Hawaiians now and the affects of it because those in government right now.

idea 2: traveling to Europe. young when doing it. new experience. become open to new cultures. learning different customs. stepping outside of my box. noticing the difference between the US and Europe. started to crave traveling. now have expectations for myself in the future to travel more

idea 3: the struggles of learning about the injustices of other cultures. became educated. becoming overwhelmed with information. learning how to advocate. becoming the generation that changes things in society.

idea 4: struggling to find a hobby that i can continue for the rest of my life which helps me physically, emotionally, intellectually, and the environment overall. sewing, crochet, gardening, composting. trying to find something I am passionate in and be able to share that with others.

Outline for Essay:

Topic: Identity

When you take the time to learn about your history, educated yourself on whatʻs occurred to others similar to you in the present, you can build on foundation on how to move toward on what will benefit yourself in the future.

My experience(History): entering a school for Hawaiians. wanting to learn about my history. it was not just a part of me. I wanted it to become a lifestyle. When I became aware of the injustices of my culture I became very angry.

Present: I educated myself on what is occurring curing now to Hawaiians. Toursitʻs run economy. not as many native speakers. high percentage of Hawaiians incarcerated. many Hawaiians and Polynesians are affected from this pandemic. noticed similar issues with black community because of BLM movement. learned that it is better to have allies and create a community safe within all cultures. become educated on things I did wrong, things I need to continue, and things i need to learn more about.

Future: educated our parents on what is going on now because most of them is stuck in their old ways. educate younger generations because they are our future. use our voices for what we believe in. show that big corporations and the government work for what is best for the community not the small sliver of people that have big amount of money to cause economic change