20th November- Essay 4 Brainstorming.

For this essay, I would like to focus more on the cultural factors such as Religious and familial. I have a lot of questions in my mind against and for Gender roles and I would love to explore it more through this essay. I would like to highlight some stereotypes and talk about them in my essay. I would like to bring in all the Disney movies as I feel they include a lot of gender roles and conveys a message to its audience. So many Bollywood movies use Gender stereotype and people don’t even realize that they are getting trapped.
Overall, Gender role still exists and is still transparent all over the world. It is the mentality of the people which doesn’t change.

Gleeson:

I found this article called “The evolution of Disney princesses and their effect on body image, gender roles, and the portrayal of love” by Johnson and Rachael. The article talks about the Disney movies and how they influence our mind. It is true that the media plays an essential role in determining people’s schemas of the real world, assumptions about cultural ideals, and perceptions surrounding body image, gender roles and the idealization of love. The Disney princess has evolved over time and is breaking certain stereotypes. The article explores- body image, gender roles, and the portrayal of love in the most recent era of princesses.

Cite: Johnson, R. M. (2015). The Evolution of Disney Princesses and their Effect on Body Image, Gender Roles, and the Portrayal of Love. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=sso&db=edsbas&AN=edsbas.23567056&site=eds-live&scope=site