Subway US: https://www.subway.com/en-US
Subway Brazil: https://www.subway.com/pt-BR
What specific features regarding linguistic and cultural communication designs do you see as more prominent? How do they represent the local values/cultural specifics (i.e. localization)? In what ways does this website adopt (or not) effective communication strategies for the targeted audiences?
I was surprised when I first saw Subway’s Brazilian website, and how it is really different from the US one.
- It has a very weak branding appealing compared to the US version
- Its focus is on the “information” and not in the lifestyle beyond the product
- Two of the highlights of the website is a call to action to the available careers at subway, and how to own a local franchise, what can lead us to an interpretation of a website not really focused on the client’s experience
- B2B website instead of B2C
- Its design is very “simple” – not minimalist
- Content focus on the deals they offer
- Popular words/ superlatives