I read Chaojie Chen’s response in Canvas, and I found a lot of similarities. Such as we both agree with the idea of the author that the author thinks new media can be an effective and useful tool for express ideas as video. Video essay is not only limited to ordinarily written texts but also can be express by diversities ways, such as sounds and images. As we learned in this class before, sounds and images can significantly increase the effects of the results of the argument.
Partner: Linda and Monica
We both decide to interview a professor for our video essay. Each of us (Monica and Linda) are decided to prepare for three questions and ask him for advice and suggestion. Once we gather all the information together, then we are going to create slides on the Adboe Spark. We are going to begin with an introduction about business and what is our major about. The time we want to control within 5 minutes. Because we don’t want to make it too long, otherwise audiences may have no patient to continue listening to our presentation. We want to make our video essay in a more professional way, but also interesting at the same time.
There are three key features that I found seem to be specific to a video essay. First, we need to know a discourse community and collect effective communication strategies. Second, we need to acknowledge how to use multimodel to create and communicate knowledge in this yield. The third key is we need to do some research to find related resources, data, and evidence to help your essay build better. Three requirements of this essay: second language writing, multilingual literacy development, cross-cultural identity.
总是学不会再聪明一点 记得自我保护必要时候讲些善意谎言 总是学不会真爱也有现实面 不是谁情愿就能够解决 Always learn not to be smarter Remember to protect yourself when necessary. Always learn not to have true love and reality Not whoever is willing to solve
Explain: Always learn not to be smarter in english translation, but it means always can not be smarter in chinese. It is exactly oppisite meaning. Remember to protect yourself when necessary in english translation, and in chinese there are more meaning. It should be translated in remember to protect yourself when necessary and have some white lies. In english translation, it delated the mean of white lies. Always learn not to have true love and reality, it shows true love and reality in english translation. But it is actually translated in "true love also have the reality".
Studies for the last decades have been transformed over years, we can see according to the reading of vocabulary learning assisted with smartphone applications written by Zhimei Lei.
Scott G and Alison H believe that the past decades have seen the transition from in- classroom to out-classroom. In classroom practice involves literacy instruction, cognitive engagement, and self-assessment. And out classroom application includes self-access center, Computer assessed language learning, distance learning, tandem learning, and self-instruction. It is evident that in recent years, more efforts are spared on out- classroom activities.
I agree with the idea of Scott G and Alison H made in this article. Because it is true that what we are learning is significantly changing overtimes. In-classroom study already cannot satisfy the knowledge of modern people.
Lei, Z. (2018). Vocabulary Learning Assisted with Smart Phone Application. Theory and Practice in Language Studies, (11), 1511. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&AuthType=sso&db=edsglr&AN=edsgcl.566681523&site=eds-live&scope=site&custid=s3818721
Combine each of the following pairs of sentences using either a comma and a coordinating conjunction or a semicolon, a conjunctive adverb, and a comma. Add or delete words as necessary.
- The reality show follows the lives of Bruce and Kris Jenner’s combined family, and most of the episodes focus on the three oldest daughters, Kourtney, Kim, and Khloé Kardashian.
- Bruce Jenner was famous for breaking the world record and winning a gold medal in the decathlon at the 1976 Olympics, also his sons from a previous marriage, Brandon and Brody, have also appeared on their own reality shows.
- The Kardashians’ father, the late attorney Robert Kardashian, was famous for representing O. J. Simpson, and his daughters gained recognition as American socialites.
- Kim came into the national spotlight in 2007 after a sex- tape scandal and resulting Playboy appearance, so the Kardashian fame grew into a profitable reality series.
- The show depicts the daily routine of the Kardashians, and spin- off shows feature Kourtney, Kim, and Khloé’s attempts to build their line of fashion boutiques.
- Although the Kardashians’ behavior at first seemed outrageous, they are a loving family.
- The Kardashians squabble like typical siblings, however Kris, the mother, holds the family together.
- Kim’s $ 10 million wedding to pro basketball player Kris Humphries in 2011 was seen by an estimated 10.5 million viewers, but he marriage lasted only 72 days.
Actions speak louder than words
Rome was not built in a day
Two heads are better than one
First come, first served
Eat to live, but do not live to eat
This is a picture of a farm factory fill with pigs in China. As my first impression, I only though that this picture is trying to tell us about how Chinese farm industries are huge and how well organized that pig industries are. But as I look carefully, I found out that this picture is not only showing us those, but also showing us how Chinese technology improved in farm industries. As we can see carefully, there are facial recognizable scans on some of those pigs. Those are actually new technology that China developed- pig face recognition. They use this tech to check how pig’s health conditions are. They may also develop more tech in the further, for example, voice recognition for pig.