Five idioms/slang that I found useful in daily conversations:
- Hang on means wait. When someone says hang on, it is like waiting for the outcome.
- Make ends meet means there’s no an end result.
- Lemon describes someone is in a terrible situation or is in a bad luck.
- Going under the knife is used to describe people that go to plastic surgery, however, that does’t involve any life-threatening risk.
- Turn someone off is used to describe a person’s mood suddenly turn horrible by some unknowing incidents.