0

Meaning of Name

My name is Ryan James Duncan. The name Ryan is a common Irish name, but my parents chose Ryan because they liked the smaller, simple name. James is of Hebrew origins, but my parents picked it because my grandfather’s name is Jim. Duncan is a Scottish surname and my dad’s side of the family has ancestors from Scotland. My last name was passed down because it is my father’s last name. For my first name my friends always make nicknames off of it. It is always Ry guy, Ry Ry, or RJ. The main thing that is always associated with my last name is Dunkin Donuts. My friends sometimes call me Duncan Donuts because of the company Dunkin Donuts. In addition, when I played basketball my teammates would call me dunking Duncan. This is a joke because back then I was the shortest player on the team and there is no way I could possibly dunk except on a toddler hoop. I would say I’m not embarrassed by my name. I’ve never changed my name and I do not plan on it. I love my simple name that is only four letters long. It is easier to write my name on assignments this way.

rjduncan