August 31 Free writing

Freewriting:

Some things I could write about are my diabetes, being a lesbian, and being biracial. If it walked about my diabetes I could tell the story of how I was diagnosed and if I talked about my sexuality I could talk about Izzy and our friendship that turned into a relationship. I could also talk about growing up with a black mom and an Italian father and how that impacted me. I think that the story of my diabetes is very interesting because not a lot of people have diabetes and it could be educational for some people. I also feel like my diabetes has had a big impact on me and my life. I could also talk about moving around to lots of different places as a kid and how that impacted my mindset on life. I have learned a lot from that and it has made me into the person I am today.

outline: Moving around a lot as a kid and being able to go to Europe on vacations

Start out with explaining where my parents are from and that I was born in DC.

Then I could talk about Italy and being able to live there.

I could also talk about how I went back to visit last summer and now I want to do a semester abroad

Then I can talk about moving to Emeryville and how living in the bay area as a child made me want to come back for school and hopefully live there as an adult.