Halloween, San Francisco, MAPC

Happy Halloween from the MA in Professional Communication program at the University of San Francisco! There are a lot of ways to celebrate the day, and some of our students shared their favorite Halloween activities below.

“It’s definitely a tie between visiting a pumpkin patch and pumpkin carving. I’ve always enjoyed traditions I get to share with family and friends over the years. It’s also a bonus when apple cider, pumpkin donuts, and roasted pumpkin seeds are part of the experience as well.” – Agnes Morelos

“My favorite Halloween activity is finding a local neighborhood weekend bar crawl and gathering all of my friends together at my apartment before heading out for drink deals. Costumes are mandatory!” – Paige Siegall

“This is my first Halloween in the United States, and I am so excited! What I like the most about this time of the year is being able to dress up and become anything I’d like to be. It’s a great opportunity to use your creativity and have a lot of fun with your friends.” – Bruna Smith

“Aside from all of the fun costumes and candy, my favorite part is the Halloween specials on television. It’s the Great Pumpkin , Charlie Brown isn’t only a great Halloween program; it might be one the best holiday specials of all time. I’ve enjoyed this Halloween season by watching the new season of Stranger Things. The show topped itself from the first season in my opinion, and it embodies the spirit of Halloween in all of the best ways.” – Brandon Keller

“For me, it’s not hard to say. Last year we went to one of the San Francisco’s most well-known Halloween celebrations on Belvedere Street between 17th Street and Parnassus Avenue. It was a high-tech, spooky experience where every house was wildly decorated with frightening projections of ghouls and goblins, dropping spiders, and illuminated jack-o-lanterns. There was live music on every corner and lots of family-friendly activities. It was a rush! That night after we got home, I felt like I’d been to another country or to a Mardi Gras festival. It was by far my favorite Halloween yet.” – Valerie Devoy