By Bruna Smith

I had a great job in Brazil. I worked in the field I am passionate about and was mentored by leaders who constantly made me evolve at my tasks. The company’s environment and my awesome team were also a huge plus.

I guess this is the famous “comfort zone” people always talk about. So, what brought me to San Francisco?

After more than six years working for the same organization, I felt it was time to try something different and experience new challenges in order to become a better professional. Therefore, I decided to turn my life goal of studying abroad into reality after coming across the Professional Communication Master’s Program at USF. I won’t say it was an easy decision though. The tricky thing about change is that you can expect for the best, but you’ll never know the outcome unless you try. I took the risk. And at this moment I can already tell it was the best choice I’ve made. Below are some of the reasons:

1) You learn something new every single day. It can be a word, a local behavior, a product, a place, a recipe, an app. I’ve even learned new aspects of my own personality.

2) You come out of your bubble. Meeting people from all around the world and engaging with other cultures is really exciting and changes your values forever.

3) You learn how to deal with frustration and how to overcome your greatest fears. Living abroad isn’t as glamorous as it may seem. Actually, it isn’t glamorous at all. Leaving family, friends and your country behind and starting all over from scratch is challenging, but learning how to deal with these issues just makes you stronger.

4) You gain more confidence. Many people don’t recognize their own potential. When you challenge yourself with something new and succeed, you’re able to achieve this mental stage of self-awareness.

5) You understand the true power of building strong relationships. Talking to strangers can be really awkward. However, when you live somewhere you barely know someone it is extremely important to build relationships, even with those you weren’t expecting. Your new friends become family, and “strangers” allow you to expand your ideas and thoughts.

So, if you always had this dream of living abroad, give it a try! I’m 99.9% sure you won’t regret it. And if you are an international student, share your thoughts with us about your experience

7 thoughts on “5 Unexpected Outcomes of Studying Abroad

1. I am often asked to write more essays on very complex topics. I suffered with them for a long time and did not know what to do. After all, there was often not enough time, and he was always struggling with laziness. As a result, I accidentally found a company that provides pay someone to take my test. And I want to say that this is just a godsend. They do all their work very quickly, there have never been any problems and delays. I recommend you to try it too, you will not be disappointed.

2. Yes this is very difficult to manage study in abroad and part time job. Many students didn’t pay attention in online class due to this reason I’ll recommend them to take pay someone to do my course services and feel relax about their studies. I used this service during pandemic and it was my very amazing experience.

3. Need to take your class online? Take Your Class Online offers best online class help! Just say take my online class for me. We offer do my online class help!

4. Nice blog Bruna! I know that studying abroad is the key to learning many different things and cultures but in this pandemic situation we cannot risk our lives with studying abroad if you want to study abroad you can still study from anywhere at https://icsoc.info/recognition/testout.php i know we can never experience that exposure but at least we have to knowledge of their culture and learn something instead of nothing.