Photo of Denise

Web Redesign | Meet Denise Struempf

Fun Facts:

• Grew up on both sides of the coast, California and Florida.
  • I like to make DIY bath products to use in the home. It’s fun to customize and add your favorite scents.
  • Zelda games — I love them, and named my dog after the princess in the game.
  • Sandwiches are probably my favorite food.

What is your role at USF?
Web Producer. I partner with people around the university to make changes to the myUSF and usfca.edu websites.

What are you most excited about for the redesign?
My favorite thing about the redesign is the ability to start fresh. You have the chance to review existing content and rethink certain aspects. It’s the perfect opportunity to replace outdated content with what’s relevant now. Sometimes something as small as swapping out an old image or reformatting text can make a huge difference.

Can you talk more about the new program finder feature on the redesign?
Picking a program can be a tough decision, and when you’re faced with a long list of options, that can be overwhelming. While seeing a full listing of programs will still be possible, the program finder will also provide an interactive way for prospects to discover our programs based on their interests or career goals.

There was a lot of research that went into creating the database of search terms that can be used to match with our program offerings. By looking at other university program finders, our existing program pages, and by talking to programs directly, we were able to create an extensive spreadsheet of options. The provost will be reviewing our first pass of search terms, and from there we can continue to build upon the list as we connect with more programs around the university.

What do you hope comes out of the redesign project?
I think this is a good opportunity to connect with people throughout the university. Web content can grow stale over time, and it’s important for us to know who we can work with in order to ensure we’re putting the best content out there.