0

10/25

Activity 1
For a long time, my stepson, Jonathan, was unhappy to have me as part of his family, for
he resents that he didn’t have both biological parents at home. I try to get to know him
better, but he would complain that I invade his privacy. As a newcomer, I understood that
our relationship will require effort from both of us. It is not enough that I was friendly.
Jonathan also has to want us to be friends, and I was not happy with the two of us being
strangers, but I can wait for him to feel more comfortable around me.
Activity 2
Anne Marie collects antique bottles and loved to turn them into works of art. She will buy
bottles if she liked them, but she prefers to find them in the ground. She will find bottles
everywhere, but she picked them selectively. However, she has the best luck at
construction sites on old farmland, where she spent most of her time. Often, bottles
appeared on the surface after a good rain, but they disappear very soon. She will use
special tools for excavating bottles, including a set of brushes. She did not want to break
the bottles as she removes them from the ground. After finding a new bottle, Anne Marie
will add it to her display case and hung on the wall as an artistic piece (Mangelsdorf,
2013, p. 411).

yshao1